Saturday, August 27, 2011

Walking..

I love walking very much, for the reasons that I just simply find it enjoyable. Sustained walking session for a minimum period of 30 to 60 minutes a day, 5 days a week, with a correct walking posture, reduces health risks. It also increases the bone health and reduces cholesterol (yeay!). But to be honest, I really didn't think much about this reason. It's good to know though :-)

Every day I take a bus to go home from work. Though the bus is actually running in front of my office building, the fact is I have to walk down a bit further to get a seat. Luckily, the pedestrian in Sudirman street is quite nice, at least, you don't have to fight for a space with motorbikes.

To think further about what I most like about walking, I feel that it helps me clear my mind. I get a chance to talk to myself about anything (by 'talking, it means really talking, with a voice comes out). Call me crazy, but sometimes it can ease your stress by talking it out (quitely!) without people noticing so much. Well, occasionally, I also laugh (quitely!).

During the evening walks, I also get to remember all the things happened during the day, things that annoy me or amuse me most, or even simple things that really matters to me. Then sometimes, I also happen to meet interesting things like people doing funny things, street food that smells really good or the grand decorating lights of several buildings especially before Christmas or New Year. I often bought some snack like otak-otak and eat it while walking :-)

Though most of my daily walks was in the evening (no sunshine), I once took a morning walk from the train station to my office. I remember that I wasn't in a good state of mind, a lot of things bothering me so much, so I decided to take a walk to help me clear my mind, relaxing it a bit. It helped, it did. Didn't solve the problems, but it helped me to get refreshed.

During my last trip to Europe, I couldn't remember how long have I walked, but I think it could be like from Jakarta to Bandung, really. Otherwise, I wouldn't have lost 4 kg in just 2 weeks, right?

Of course, I will only enjoy the walk under the condition that the weather is nice (at least it's not freaking hot), the environment/walking path is in safe surroundings (enough lights, good crowd) and only for certain distance. Don't expect me to walk from home to office! :-)

Enjoy your walks...


1 comment:

byu said...

Do you mind to "walk" with me?:-)