Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 2: the battle is not yet over...

This is the second day of my detox.

It was getting so much harder. I started to think, would it be easier to do it during working days, not in a holiday like now? So I would have so many things to distract my attention. Then I realized perhaps it was just one of so many perfect reason to call it a day!

Let's talk about the temptation that I have to fight today. It was begun with a dream last night. Yes, it was true when people said if you want something badly, you would even sleep and dream on it. In my case, I wish I would never have that dream. What was my dream? I dreamed that I was in the middle of great party with friends all around and, unfortunately, with the food showering around. You name it: a crunchy pempek palembang with that black sour sauce, Chinese mie goreng with that delicious smell, a pack of nasi padang with rendang and creamy vegetable and green chili.... hahaha...kindda confuse what was the party I was at... the food didn't really represent a party!

Then I woke up (with growling stomach) and the fresh memory of that dream, just to start my day. I went to check Facebooks (FB) and found some funny and silly comments from friends over some photos (really fun) and I gladly joined the troops. It was fun! I also run through some of my friends FB status who were 90% talked about 'Lebaran' traditional showering food! Ketupat, opor, rendang, sambal goreng ati, kaastengels... did they really have to put all those stuffs in their status, so I thought? Of course, they did! Well, I certainly would! It was a true happiness, it was a living...!

I decided to turn on the TV. I hope to see some entertaining show or great movies to keep my mind busy. But you know what? I forgot that it's Saturday! Most of TV stations put up the cooking show in most of their morning show! So I had no choice but watching Chef Farah demonstrated the recipe of (again) lebaran typical food with all the details of creamy look, the ingredients to tell audience what the taste would like. Not only that, she also shared how to cook the lovely milky pudding...Whoaaa! Pudding! It was mostly the first thing to grab when I was in any wedding reception or office function! That's it. I walked away from TV.

Then I went joining my brother in the back terrace, thinking to have a light chat with him and distract my attention. I felt hungry and grabbed some melon in fridge as my breakfast. While we were chatting, he too had a breakfast. A real one! Nasi goreng with hot omelet, smoked beef sausage and some kerupuk. Hmmm... I could hold my breath but that smell was reeaaaaaallyy good! Soon he finished it up, he started to have a steamed noodle, an overcooked one which was my favorite. That's it! I couldn't take it anymore. I went to shower.

In the afternoon, my brother went out to see some old friends. I could have joined him since he'd go to some shopping malls and perhaps make a call to meet some of my friends too, but that would be a way much bigger risk failing to refuse the temptation, with all those food stalls like KFC, the salty french fries, chicken floss from Bread Talk, tuna crepes, hot coffee... no! I decided to stay at home.

If TV couldn't help me, then why not playing some DVDs? As all the morning stuffs didn't enough to 'torture' me, why all the sudden the SATC and Glee movies series should also join the troops? Sigh.... It was about the girls hanging out in a cafe for coffee, a guy ordering a biig portion of burger or simply the act of eating and chewing some foods really dragged me to even a greater hunger.

It was heavily raining outside, so I turned off the un-supportive TV and took a nap. But... damn! Again! I had those dreams! Over and over again. I woke up at 4 pm, had some water and slept again, hoping that this time it would not be about food dreaming again. But I was so damn wrong.
I went to FB again, thinking that the euphoria of lebaran food festive was now over. Yes, the lebaran food party is over, but don't get it wrong... it just changed to others! They who have got enough with milky meals and all ketupat things, turned to some light soup like hot meal balls soup, dim sum with the hot chili or sup iga sapi. They were all loud and clear about that!

Poor me... the whole universe didn't seem to support me, but I would not give up. It's only one day left...Strongly hope that I would not end up with revenge at the end and eat like crazy... counting on what Ricky said, that it would make my appetite re-set again....fingers crossed!

No comments: