Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dearest Papa...

I would have to agree on the saying - which previously I thought it was too clumsy. It says that never ever wait to say love to the people that you really care about and meant it on every words, because we will never know if we are ever going to have that opportunity again.

Now regret is all I have for failing to say it to you, the top-notch father that a daughter could ever wish for.

Never could I imagine my life without all the values that you've taught me. From you I learn the value of hard work, perseverance, resilience and faith in God. Even if you did not verbally teach me, your life was surely a living testimony. And this will always stay in me.
When I got hesitations over a decision I would have to make my own, you were there supporting me. You made me see the positive and consequences of each option. Even if I made mistakes, never you judged me, instead you showed me how to do it better in the future.

When I was tired, you welcomed me with outstretched arms, letting me feel secured and home. Without speaking ill, you listened to every story I shared (from which you knew every single friends of mine), every laughter I shared, every tears I shed (well...not every tears, there were few that I saved it myself especially when I was brokenhearted).
I can still remember the Sunday morning mass, sitting in the second or third row from the altar, hearing your voice praising and sometimes you got sleepy during the preach. You know, Pa..there's little part of my heart being grateful for the church renovation for I don't think I can go to church and see the same seating row, without you..

I know by heart that you are watching me and never leave me throughout the rest of my journey in this life. Thank you for all the life you gave me, all the values and experience that have been imparted with me. They have been my shield and armor in my life.
With all my love,
Your daughter.
Note: Tulisan ini ditulis saat mengenang 1000 hari kepergian Papa (Feb 2011).

2 comments:

dammora said...

Trid trid, jadi terharu baca blog mu, walau aku belum pernah kehilangan orang2 yang sangat kusayangi (ortu), tapi mengingatkan aku untuk slalu menyayangi mereka lebih. Trims buat sharingmu ya trid. "Kadang kita tidak tahu bahwa seseorang mendoakan kita dari tempat yg begitu jauhnya, namun dia slalu dalam hati dan pikiran kita yg terdalam". Gbu

astrid damayanti h. putri said...

Thanks, Dam...kaget juga kamu bisa nemuin blog ini :)
GBU too ya...tetap terus berdoa untuk orang-orang yang kita sayangi...